View the full Media Kit Presentation for PDF.
- The State Press: 20 years in the making
- ASU Now: New Poetry Book Traces Arc of Implosion
- University Press of Colorado press announcement
- WIA Report: 8 Women in Higher Education
- ASU Now: This is what a professional writer looks like
- University Press of Colorado: May Swenson Poetry Award Winner for 2016
- Utah State Today: Winner of 2016 May Swenson Poetry Award Announced
Trish is available for speaking engagements, interviews, and readings. She is also happy to speak to reading and writing groups via telephone or Skype. If you are interested, send Trish a note.
Sample Interview Questions
- How do you begin a poem?
- What poets do you frequently go back to?
- What is the background and inspiration behind this collection?
- How does social media factor into your writing and/or role as a writer?
- Do you have a writing group or community of writers you share your work with? Who are they?
- Did you ever have difficulty writing about the mental illness and more disturbing aspects of your life? Or were there ever reservations on publishing?
- What advice do you have for writers and poets working on memoir-ist and trauma-related pieces?
- What are you reading right now?
- What future projects do you have?
- Did you set out to write a poetry collection about your family?
- How did you get interested in poetry?
- Stephen Dunn notes that your collection, though about mental illness and family, never felt therapeutically motivated. Did you ever have to reconcile a therapeutic motivation with a poet consciousness?
- How can readers discover more about you and your work?